He is a developer, commercial property and custom home builder, retail and service businessman, and local philanthropist. George and his wife, Maylee, have actively contributed their time, talents, and financial resources to the McKinney community for over two decades.
A Business Leader…
As a second generation developer he has gained respect and recognition as a home and commercial builder. George brought to McKinney a custom home and commercial construction company founded on six decades of experience. George’s commitment to excellence has earned him numerous honors and distinctions including:
- Eight D Magazine’s “Builder of the Year” awards
- Best Development of 2016 Award by the City of McKinney
- Best Builder Award in the City of McKinney
- 2-time winner of the Parade of Homes “People’s Choice Award.”
- He has been a leading member of the development team for Adriatica, a 46 acre, mixed use development in the heart of Stonebridge.
- Owner and the visionary of the famed Guitar Sanctuary and Performance Academy and the Sanctuary Music and Events Center.
In 1992, George and his wife, Maylee, co-founded the Love Life Foundation, a non-profit organization benefiting children both locally and beyond.
The Love Life Foundation provides support to charities such as:
- Collin County Children’s Advocacy Center
- The Samaritan Inn
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Agape House
- St. Yared Orphanage- Axum, Ethiopia.
George is also a member of the Meals On Wheels Board of Trustees. Meals On Wheels is a non-profit organization that assists area seniors in remaining independent in their homes, promoting socialization and helping prevent premature institutionalization.
In addition to their work with the Love Life Foundation George and Maylee are both talented musicians. They have volunteered their musical and organizational talents in benefit for numerous local ministries and charities as well as with ministries across the globe.
Committed to Family…
George and Maylee have made faith and family the cornerstone of their lives. They are the proud parents of four beautiful children. Austin, their eldest son, works for the family development and construction business. Raine, their second son, is a senior at Boyd High School who is active in parkour and music. Layla Grace, their youngest daughter, is an energetic 10th grader who enjoys music and theater.
On a church mission trip to Axum, Ethiopia, George met and fell in love with their fourth child, Milyan Hope. George and Maylee adopted Milyan when she was 9 years old. Milyan is now a healthy, happy senior at Boyd. George and Maylee have also made the St. Yared Orphanage one of the permanent beneficiaries of their Love Life Foundation.
- J.B. Blocker is a media consultant based in Collin County in North Texas. Advertise with J.B. by calling 469-334-9962.