SEARCH

Sunday

Ken Roberts: Collin College Trustee



Ken Roberts for Collin College: Campaign Platform:

 New Leadership with New Vision needs New Perspective.
  Our community has proudly watched Collin College grow and become an integral part of the ‘Collin County experience’. It has progressed from a ‘greenfield dream’ of a higher education institution through Quad C to its present status as Collin College. Collin College is no longer a rural community college of 30 years ago. It is changing to a suburban College which resides in a county that is attracting Fortune 500, Global 2000 giants. This progression needs to constantly review perspective.

  We are approaching another milestone in the development of Collin College. We have a new leader, a new President, Dr. Neil Matkin. We have had 2 outstanding Presidents. Dr. John Anthony for 14 years in the start-up and foundation stage and Dr. Cary Israel for 16 years in the formative and establishment stage. I will work with Dr. Matkin to facilitate the new vision of our progression. My perspective is to be the Board member to help us ‘to the next stage’.

HR experience:
  I bring vital experience not present on the board; 25 years of HR experience. The Human Resources mindset is that the employees are the most important asset of their company. We must communicate, recognized and retain all the outstanding teachers and staff that we have at Collin College.

Corporation Partnership:
  Another vital experience that I bring to the Board is current Corporate/Business experience. We need to enhance our relationships with corporations; just as TI with UTD and PISD. Barclays Bank, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Ericsson, Huawei, Frito-Lay, Dell, HP and, of course, the crown jewel, Toyota have decided to move here. The primary reasons are business friendly attitude, quality of life, and the outstanding educational systems in our County. My perspective is based on the corporation type mindset like the Global 2000 tech company I am currently employed.

Service/Board Experience:
  I have the strong desire to serve the community.  I have served the people of Plano and Collin County for over 20 years on boards.  I work well on boards. I have served in positions up to president on boards involved in education (adult & student), civil, philanthropic, city and county.  I am engaged and contributory. I volunteer, build concessions and effectively relate my position and ideas to other board members. I am a graduate of Leadership Plano and other leadership courses to train myself as a doer and facilitator.  I am passionate for an idea but not obsessive or egotistical. 

I feel that with ‘New leadership with New Vision, will need a New Perspective’ to move to the next level.
Please vote for me as Collin College Trustee, Place 8 on May 9th (or before).

- J.B. Blocker is a media consultant based in Collin County in North Texas. Advertise with J.B. by calling 469-334-9962.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recruiting a Winning Team

The Andrew Principle Campaigning 101 jb blocker John 1: 40   One of the two who heard Jesus speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simo...