SEARCH

Monday

I AM PRO-LIFE!

 I remember those windows. They are the windows that we would look out of and watch the people leave on visitation day at our Buddhist orphanage in Yokohama. We would stand in front of those windows and see friends leave with their new families. Other visitors would leave their children behind and the children would cry. 
I am told that my mother visited me often but I don't remember that. I remember wondering why no one was taking me away. Maybe it was my clothes. 
On one visitation day, I threw a fit. I was 5. I wanted nicer clothes for people to see me in. I refused to dress. I ran away. They found me naked under the stilted building that housed the orphan girls.
One visitor wanted to meet all the boys. He offered to bring back new clothes. The visitor was a Navy sailor and his wife. They wanted a boy and girl to take back to America.
I was too old. The lady wanted babies. I was 5.
When the couple went to the office the lady knew who my mother was! The Navy sailor said,"We'll take him! Nancy, meet your son."

 If my grandfather had had his way, I would never have been born! Many Japanese women of the post-WWII and Korean War era became pregnant by the military who were just passing through per-Se.
  Because of the extreme racism of the Japanese at that time and for many years after, such pregnancies were aborted so as to not bring shame to the family by corrupting the race.
Fortunately, I had a mother who not only spared my life to her shame, but also found a job at the local Naval Base beauty salon where she showed my pictures to prospective American service men's wives. Now you know that the story is much more complicated than that, but the end result is that I am a Blocker! 

I have no doubt that by the grace of God and the strength of conviction of my birth mother Nobuko, Chief PNC Charles Blocker and his wife Nancy took me away from that pitiful orphanage and raised me in Texas!
Nobuko

I believe that 'All things are possible!' 
I believe that one of the greatest sins is suicide because that person has given up on God and taken away the opportunity to find peace, joy, and fulfillment through God's grace.
I believe in mercy, hope, and faith.
I am Pro-Life with consideration to the safety to mother and child. 
I am no doctor, or judge. But I believe that whenever possible we should give God a chance and give people like the Blockers the opportunity to raise the child they had wanted. 
If they can turn them in to a Texan, well, that's even better!
blessings, J.B. Blocker
   
- J.B. Blocker is a media consultant based in Collin County in North Texas. Advertise with J.B. by calling 469-334-9962. Email: jbnorthtexas@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recruiting a Winning Team

The Andrew Principle Campaigning 101 jb blocker John 1: 40   One of the two who heard Jesus speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simo...